Friday, February 24, 2012

Art Journal and Class at Prairie ART Stamps and Supplies

First of all, let me tell you what I used to do for a living.....I started out as a Long Distance Operator YEARS ago.

You've seen the old cord boards in pictures, where the operator has on a headset, and a bunch of cords in front of her with all kinds of lights and plug in spots???

Well, that was me, working nights and trying to stay awake....yawn...so I doodled to occupy my time.

I was usually in trouble for it, but back then, you were in trouble for not sitting properly or chewing gum. Now you can pretty much do anything at work....I won't go there!

So Doodling is right up my alley. And dear Kaz said it would be addicting, and she was right.


THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!!


I started with Watercolor Crayons. Then Julie Balzer stencils, ink, stamps, pens, paint....the sky is the limit!!!!





And it was Sarah Greer that said it's "colouring for grownups".

So true!


NOW, the fun news is I'll be teaching again at Prairie Art  in Springfield, IL on Apr. 21st from 10:30am till 2pm. And this is the class.

It has 4 mini canvas works of ART with embossed metal. They're on a canvas board that is easily slipped into a frame from Wal-Mart....seriously.

We'll explore Metal Embossing, Alcohol Inks, Tissue Tape, UTEE on Metal, and create an heirloom treasure in the end.

So give them a call and come and have a fun time with us in April.

Linda


14 comments:

anna christensen crafts said...

Linda, I think your journalling is wonderful! I adore the fact that you have only used one word as a central image. I have been quite intimidated by journalling before, but your gorgeous work has enabled me to see how I can start, using what I own already... and I'm just about to! Thank you so much for the inspiration xx

Kathyk said...

Your doodling just seems more artistic than mine - could that be because I DIDN'T work for the telephone company?!?!?! FABULOUS work

Kathyk

Martina said...

Stunning pieces!
Looks fantastic.

Have a nice weekend, dear Linda!
Wishes
MARTINA oxo

Elaine A said...

Linda -

GORGEOUS! Love the journal page, great job. I keep saying I'm going to journal with my paints,etc. but then the Type A personality kicks in. What if I make a mistake, what if I use the wrong color - aarrgghhh! And yet, I have no problem whatsoever doodling when I'm on boring conference calls, etc.! In fact, sometimes I like the doodles so much, I cut them out and keep them. Go figure!
I LOVE the little canvases, that sounds like its going to be a great class!

Elaine Allen

ann said...

Love your journal page you have used beautiful colours and yes I must start using my water crayons again thanks for the reminder.

cheryl said...

oh gosh Hun just love your journal page those colours are just beautiful hugs Cherylxxxxx

Jane Wetzel said...

FABULOUS page and I love Julie FF Balzer! :) Wondering where Springfield is in accordance with my bro that may live nearby...class sounds like fun! :) tfs..

Kathie said...

You make me want to journal!! I see a weekend of play ahead of me!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
When I was in my youth ( a long, long time ago) I also worked a a telephone operator and also as a switchboard operator when I worked in a bank.So I know from telephones.
Wish I could be in one of your classes, but unless you come to sunny White Rock- just across the border from Washington.....??
Diana

Debby said...

Cool journaling and love stencils! Oh where I work our department seems to be in trouble most of the time. Can't go into details but the last thing that happened has us in a complete no-win situation. No matter what we do we are going to be in trouble.

Chris Arlington said...

Oh your journaling is so inspiring ! I keep saying I will start but when.....
I was a long distance operator too! Cord boards and what they called FW1. It turned out to be a starting point in my career. I retired as a Central office person.
Keep up the good work!

Marjie Kemper said...

Ooooh, Linda.... those are so GORGEOUS! Wish I could pop on over for your classes.

Lori said...

That is a fun class, everyone should do it! lol! Your journaling is fantastic, of course!

Artstamps said...

I like this app and I look take to your future posts on further development. Good luck!