Friday, April 19, 2013

Skull and Chair Mini House

This is not up everyone's alley....but someone I know will love it!
 

 The Mini House Shrines are from Retro Cafe Art Gallery and can be found on Kristin's site here.
 
You get 2 little Masonite houses in each kit, one short and on tall...the tallest just 2 1/8". They come flat and you decorate them 1st, then with a bit of glue, put them together. It's really cool because you can stamp and paint the inside 1st!!!! Brilliant!
 
These little guys are soooooo much fun, they're really addicting.
 
 
I just got some Metallic Distress Paints and Tim Holtz Remnant Rubons. Here I used the Antique Bronze and Brushed Pewter dabbed on for background.
 
When dry, I added the rubons....pretty cool, eh?
 
 
Using a small amount of glue, you can put your house together now.
 
I used an old computer resister and a bead to make the topknot on the Skull.
 
I cut the loop off the Antique Brass Vintage Chair Charm and glued the Carved Stone Ivory Skull Bead onto it.
 
The micro beads were put into the little bottle. I added Orange Sharpie ink to the cork. I also added Black Soot Distress Ink later to the cork and a Numbers rubon to the glass. (not shown here)
 
 
The Dice Beads were colored with Terra Cotta and a bit of Bottle Alcohol Inks to age. Really like how they turned out.
 
 
This is a piece of Glossy Cardstock that I added Alcohol Inks to ......many moons ago. The Gold Mixative really stands out.
 
The stamp here with Jet Black Archival Ink is just too beautiful for words!!!
 
 It's the new one from Finnabair and Prima Marketing Cling Set- Sunrise Sunset collection. The papers in the background of the pictures are from her 6x6 paper pad. Aren't they glorious?!?!?!!
 
 The detail is amazing. This will go on the back of the house.
 
 
The Brown Vintage Washi Tape is shown here on the sides. I used Glue n Seal to make sure it stays!
 
And the roof is Embossed Metal Foil Tape with the same colors of Alcohol Inks as on the Dice.
 
 The White Clock Hand had the lower piece cut off...not an easy task I must say, and glued to the peak of the house.
 
The hands are some from an Art Doll Arms I bought long ago that I bent to come around the sides...I kinda like them. Kristin has similar ones here.
 
Lastly I added pen dots with a Glaze Pen all over....you know me...gotta do it!
 
 
You have to lay the house down and shoot from the top to get a good picture of the insides....at least it worked for me.

So take a look at all the great things at Retro Cafe Art,  just click on the links here, and give one of these a go.
 
Next post will be a step-by-step tutorial using paper and stamps on another Mini House Shrine.
 
There's a Mini House Swap going on now until May 13th....still plenty of time to enter here.
 
Linda

20 comments:

Helen said...

I am sure I was meant to be scared by this but I laughed out loud! Gorgeous!!! I love the dice for feet, they look fantastic.

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

I ADORE this shrine! I just realized it has a "Nightmare Before Christmas" Tim Burton feel to it. And I LOVE Tim B.! Excellent tutorial too! xoxo

Linda M. Cain said...

Yes, Kristin, you're right!!!! Definitely Tim B. feel to it!!!

Karen McAlpine said...

I think we can all love it for a great piece of art!! Love the way you colored the dice and the alcohol ink piece! Very whimsical giving it 13 as the address. LOL

Julie Lee said...

I think this is absolutely amazing!I love it beyond describing!! I was window shopping on Retro Cafe Art Gallery last night and was dying to put together one of these shrines with skull bead and a little chair. Love what you've done. I can see I'm going to have to click on those buttons and order! Julie x.

Karen said...

WOW! I just love all the parts to this, very clever! x

finnabair said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, thank you so much!!! :) Love the project!!!

alteredbee said...

Love this little house project and all of the other mini houses that I see here. It makes me really want to create some. Thanks for the tutorial.

sam21ski said...

Oh WOW - I LOVE this!!!

Sam xxx

Ryn Tanaka said...

You've been doing some really neat 3D projects over the last while. The little skull reminds me of a scene from Frida. Something about the style... Very cool!

Sue Curtis said...

love, love, love!!!

Kathi said...

This is absolutely fabulous! I love it! And I'm pinning it!

craftinka said...

Hi Linda, I love your art the projects for PA were very inspireing, thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see more. Best regards, J. :)

Anonymous said...

I completely LOVE this little shrine, it's WONDERFUL!!!!

Theresa said...

I LOVE THIS!!! I have got to get my hands on one of those little shrines!!!!!! Thanks for sharing. It is awesome.

Anwar Fazil said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

The dice looks like a fancy stone cross between rose granite and marble, pretty.

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE this - I go to Retro Art's site all the time & drool over all the stuff I want :) Amazing how you put all this stuff together :)

Gaby Bee said...

Your little shrine is absolutely amazing, Linda!!!

Hugs,
Gaby

ionabunny said...

That is just so cute. Cute skulls, well why not....