Friday, February 21, 2014

Stay Curious- Imagination and Artist

Some people ask me how I get such vibrate colors. Here is a perfect example of the number of colors I use to get the depth of color.
 
I used 8 different colors of Distress Inks blending them into each other. With each layer you can see the color of the Manila tag fad so all you have is color. Deep, rich, color.
 
 
I started with black embossing paste and 2 stencils. Then I layered on the inks.
 
The next layer was the small stamps with great detail from the Adverts set, and the Chickenwire from Mixed Media. (Yes, it's probably my all-time favorite background stamp)

 
The Compass Coin and Curio Knob are added with the Label Pull that I found "imagination" fit perfectly in.
 
Just a little something extra at the bottom with the Arrow from Industrious Stickers.

 
I loved how the Collage Key worked with the theme of "artist" and "imagination" by saying "Stay Curious". Something I think you must do to keep growing as an Artist.
 
The key has several colors of Distress Paints dabbed on it to create an antique look.
 
I used the Rubs on the Numeral 3 after I'd added 3 colors of Ultra-Thick Embossing Powder, and another Rub underneath it.



Here you can see the Picket Fence paint stamping and Tarnished Brass on the embossed letters and chipboard.
 
I thought "artist" looked great on the side in the little File Tab.
 
The Naturals Trimming kept the tag in line with an earthy feel.
 
Inspiration Emporium is having a sale on MANY of the items listed below. Check out the links and use my code iecain for 10% off your order!
 
Linda

Products Used:
 

13 comments:

Kathi said...

Totally gorgeous! I love the colors, textures, and patternes.

Createology said...

No Fear with colors and supplies is your lovely unique style.

Helen said...

Fabulous work Linda as always - I love the rich bright colours - I think a lot of us stop too soon with colour and don't get enough depth. You never have that problem! Love the embellishments too. have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous as always Linda! I do love how you create such vibrant colours and your attention to detail is amazing! Sue C x

Words and Pictures said...

Another stunner - that key is beyond cool!
Alison x

Art By Wanda said...

Gorgeous!!!

Lori said...

Love the depth of color! The black embossing paste looks awesome on top of the colors. And I always love the metal numbers with UTEE. :)

barbwire802 said...

This is an awesome tag. I think I am going to have to give it a try myself. Thanks for showing the use to make the inks appear so bright. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Completely gorgeous. The colours look incredible & I love all the embellishments.

Anonymous said...

I need to to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little
bit of it. I have got you bookmarked to check out new
stuff you post…|

Check out my page: program do rozliczania pit 2013

Julie S said...

You do make some gorgeous goods! The colors are fabulous. I really like the dab of tarnished brass over the black embossing paste too.

Jackie PN said...

Linda, as always, your art is Fabulous! I love that you share your products used also! TFS!

sara j said...

this is just beautiful....