Monday, March 17, 2014

Best Friends - A Boy and His Dog

This was a really easy project that just seemed to come together.
 
There's just a little stamping, and very little inking, but I LOVE how it turned out.
 
 I used a piece of black mat board as the base. The Boy and his Dog are perfect from the Found Relatives pack, and one of the new Arrows balanced the left side of the card.

 
 The Special Delivery and US 7Cent Stamp are from the Ephemera Pack/Expedition, as well as the 13 circle under the Monocle. A bit of Trimmings-Red/Natural was tied to the Monocle creating 3 pieces of Red for composition.
 
 
Different angles....different lighting....the Alcohol Inks are sooooo cool on metal!!!
 
  
 The Pediments die was used to cut Metal Foil Tape on chipboard. Various colors of Alcohol Inks were dabbed on with an Ink Applicator Tool, and a few tiny swirl stamps were added last with Jet Black Archival Ink. 
 
 
The only way to see the colors of the Alcohol Inks is to photograph at an angle....so the smaller pictures show the detail best here.

 Best  Friends are from Chit Chat and are easily layered onto black chip board.
 
Take a look at the links to Inspiration Emporium and use my code iecain81 for 10% off your order.
 
Linda

15 comments:

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous. I can't seem to get to grips with alcohol ink. You have inspired me to dust them off and have another go. Amazing colours

Kathi said...

Absolutely fabulous piece. The pediments look beautiful with the foil and alcohol ink treatment. The stamped swirls add just the perfect touch of pattern to them.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's wonderful, absoletely gorgeous.

Jen Crossley said...

Stunning

Shawn said...

Love this Linda. Especially the pediments with the alcohol inks. Fab!

Jackie said...

Beautiful, Linda!

sara j said...

Love this composition....just great. I used my first found relative this weekend, and I have to say I'm enjoying getting to know them!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous piece, the metal pediments look amazing.

Cocofolies said...

Great piece, I LOVE it too!! Coco x

Lori said...

LOVE it!

Kathy Eddy said...

This is a brilliant piece! Love it!

Jackie PN said...

Fab piece! thanks for the code- here I go again! heehee

Donna said...

How have I not commented on this? I know I looked at it and adored it?
Well I am now!
Love this, it is another stunning piece of work from Ms Linda Cain!
Donna/Meme

Candy C said...

Linda...I truly love this. I saw it on Facebook the other day and am just now getting around to leaving a comment on your blog. This is such a cool piece! I love how you've used the pediments on both ends of the tag to finish it off so beautifully. And using alcohol inks on them....You're so slick, girl! :) I love your design on the tag, too. Your use of the ephemera packs and the found relatives along with all of the other things really is striking! This little boy, whoever he was, is smiling that you've used his image in such a beautiful way. <3 Candy

Rosetta Savage-Jenkins said...

Oh Linda! How marvelous darling! Thank you for that tutorial on how you did those pediments. I got that die when it first came out. Haven't used it until now ;-)