Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Boys - A Journal Page


I have fallen in love with the Found Relatives from Tim Holtz.
 
They've captured my heart. And these little guys from long ago are no exception.
 
 
This is a small journal page that I removed from the book and will add back in with Tissue Tape later.
 
I find it's a lot easier to work with this way and doesn't detract from your Journal.

 
I removed the top layer of the card from the chipboard. It comes apart easily.
 
Then I glued the Boys to the page with Matte Multi Medium. When dry I added Modeling Paste over the Burlap Stencil and let it dry. It appears I had some Distress Ink on the stencil from a previous time, and that ended up looking pretty cool!
 
Then I glued torn pieces of old book pages randomly around the edges with Glue-n-Seal. Use the glue over the top of the torn papers as well to seal.

 
The coloring of the photo is all done in layers of inks with a brush, and pens.This is just the first layer. I kept adding until I got the colors I liked. I added more Distress Inks all over for more color.
 
The last layer is stamps that I heat set each time just to be sure.
 
"The Boys" is stamped onto white Stamping Paper and aged with Distress Inks. Then I mounted it onto black mat board. The Expedition Word Band has a couple of blue paint colors added and wiped off to make the word stand out. Add it with 2 brads.
 
Thanks for stopping by. Check out the links below and get 10% off your order at
 Inspiration Emporium when you use my code iecain81.
 
Linda
 
Products Used:

7 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

This is incredible, Linda! When you first posted it, I had no idea how you managed to get this look. Thanks for the inspiration!

Astrid Maclean said...

What a brilliant way of using those lovely little guys, great effect, it looks fantastic!!

Kathy Eddy said...

This is just an amazing piece Linda! I want one just like it! Thanks for the share!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! Love all the texture around the image.

Jackie PN said...

Love your new relatives Linda! The burlap stencil sure is cool- and goes great with the boys shirts! Love it!

Sandy said...

Wonderful page LInda and these little boys are so cute! They remind me of THE LITTLE RASCALS that I used to watch on the TV when I was growing up. Now are you sure you are related to them!!
Sandy xx

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely page! Love the soft coloring you achieved with your inks and all the texture with the paste and stencil!