Friday, June 13, 2014

Watercolor Artist Trading Blocks

 Sometimes the simplest of things just make us smile.

These 3 Artist Trading Blocks are just that.

Having been a Watercolor Artist years ago, I found the new interest in watercolors and paper to be right up my alley.

 
 These are the 3 sizes you can cut with the
 

I used the Creme matboard from Sizzix on all 3 blocks. After spraying them with lots of water, I loaded on watercolor and let it blend and puddle.

 
I used 3 different color combinations.
 
 (and yes, I have a brand new craft mat, so don't feel sorry for me. I've just not taken the time to replace this one that looks like it's seen better days!)
 
 
Then I added several ATC stamps with different Archival Inks.

 
The smallest one was pretty dark, so I added white Sharpie Pen marks to brighten it up.

 
I also had some watercolor paper leaves I'd die cut earlier from another project, and they brightened up the middle block.
 
Use your Distress Pens to color in the spots where the mat board bends. You can see the spots here that I needed to touch up.

 
I like the corners colored in like you see them here.
 
The Artist Trading Card stamps are perfect for the blocks!!!

 
I used a set of small stamps on the middle block.

 
Fill in and add where ever you feel it needs something.


The Dream Believe Love stamp is one of my first ATC stamps from Teresa Collins.

The Inspiration Emporium has the Koi Watercolors in with 12 half pans and a waterbrush. They are perfect for this project and you can use my code iecain81 for 10% off your order.

Sakura - Koi Watercolor Pocket Field Sketch Book, 12 Colo

This link shows the colors in the little set.
 

16 comments:

Claudine said...

Just beautiful, those backgrounds are really amazing!

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

I can't believe how fabulous these are Linda!! They are awesome! I have to get more ATCs stamp sets.. now I need the die cut... I do already own the koi wc.. lol

Hazel Agnew said...

I love them, and the possibilities are endless. Vibrant and exciting. X

Unknown said...

Tamiko McCurry, let me know if you buy the die :) These are just beautiful.

Deborah Wainwright said...

So beautifully vibrant, love blocks. X

Mary C. Nasser said...

Great tutorial, Linda! Love your ATBs!!

Julie S said...

I love the bright colors you achieved with watercolor. Beautiful blocks!

Cocofolies said...

Three wonderful boxes, love them all Linda!!! Have a great week-end, Hugs from France, Coco

Anonymous said...

They are completely gorgeous.

Words and Pictures said...

These are glorious, Linda - what fabulous zingy watercolours, and great stamping!
Alison x

Jackie PN said...

Very pretty Linda! Looks like the road trip has inspired your colors!

sam21ski said...

Fab set of boxes Linda xx

mamablitger said...

Oh Linda.. These boxes are fabolous. I did'nt know you could achieve such vibrant colors from watercolors. Thanks a lot for sharing. Just looking at them lifts my spirit !!!
Hugs from SPAIN

Linda M. Cain said...

The more pigment in your watercolors, the better for deeper color. And the less water, the darker the color. I used this right from the pan.
~Linda

Martina said...

Bravo once again, dear Linda!!! You are so inspiring! I love this boxes!

Marjie Kemper said...

Girrrrrrlllllllllll! These are fabulous. Each sides is total eye candy!