Monday, August 11, 2014

Little Miss Collage

I'm still waiting on my replacement frames, so I've been working a lot in the Studio. I can see well close up, but not far away....so maybe it's a good thing for a bit?

 
  
Anyway, this is a quick little project that I had fun making last night. It's on a 3 1/4 inch square piece of black mat board.


These stamps from Prima are perfect for small collages and cards. The paper is from the gorgeous paper pad Sunrise Sunset from Finnabair/Prima. I LOVE the warm colors on these papers.


I glued a corner section of the paper to the mat board, added some Distress Inks on the edges and used the Flowers stencil in one section. Then I stamped with coffee Archival Ink using the 3 stamp sets.


I sprayed a bit of Copper Perfect Pearl Mist on the piece and added black pen marks.

Then I glued on the little Lady.


I used various paints and sprays to add color to the Prima embellishments and glued them into place. I think she looks to be about 3 years old, hence the 3.


The Cut Out Collage Word and the black chipboard heart tell the story in one word.


Here you can see the Perfect Pearls shimmering on the background.
Check out the links below for the products used. And remember to use my code iecain81 for 10% off your order at Inspiration Emporium.

Linda 

Products Used:
Prima Stamps - Engraver, Lady Bird #2 and Sunrise Sunset #1
Prima Stencil - Sunrise Sunset Flowers
Prima - Sunrise Sunset 6x6 Paper Pad
Prima - Finnabair Mechanicals - Mini Numerals, Mini Roman Numerals, Mini Flowers, Vintage Washers #1, Flowers Medium
Prima - Junkyard Findings - Jeans Buttons and Special Screws
Prima - Flowers
Retro Cafe Art Gallery - Collage Word Paper Cuts-Newsprint
Ranger - Perfect Pearls Mists-Copper and Forever Violet
Ranger - Archival Ink-Coffee
Ranger - Tim Holtz Idea-ology-Found Relatives
Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Chipped Sapphire, Spiced Marmalade, Seedless Preserves
Zig Ball 5mm Black Permanent Pen
Uhu Glue Stick
Crafter's Pick-The Ultimate white glue
Black Mat Board, Black Chipboard Heart

8 comments:

Scrapthat said...

She's awesome Linda!! The BG is fabulous! TFS

Candy C said...

Linda...this little 3 1/4" square is absolutely precious! I love your mix of a more whimsical background with the vintage photograph and the beautiful metal flowers. What a cool mix of "stuff" to create such a sweet piece! <3 Candy

Createology said...

Happy to see your muse is back and creating this uber cute little collage. Precious and so pretty. Creative Bliss...

Kathy Eddy said...

Love this one Linda. Your background looks amazing!

Jackie PN said...

What a sweetie! Very nice Linda!

Lori said...

Very cool! I love it!

mamablitger said...

Linda you created such a pretty little piece of matboard ( wall hanging ?? ).... I just love how sweet she looks the way you used her. Clever way to build your layers.
Thank you so much for sharing !!
Hugs from SPAIN

Art By Wanda said...

A beautiful piece, Linda!!!