Monday, July 13, 2015

Wonderful Classes with Finnabair

Well, it was a very eventful weekend at 
Cafe Crop
in Merrillville, Indiana.

Judy Hauffe and I jumped in the ole Buick and took off for a wonderful weekend of glitter, gel,stencils, modeling paste, mica powder, gesso, sprays, flowers, and beads!!!

Not to mention my favorite.......the Mechanicals from

This was the morning class and, of course I LOVE the way it turned out. But you cannot even begin to see all the glass glitter and shine that emanates from the canvas. Pictures just can't capture the mica powder or sparkle of the beads. If you zoom in, it helps.


This piece all starts with Heavy Black Gesso, so the contrast of dark and mica colors is wonderful.


This was the afternoon class, and it was amazing to say the least.
    
Mine's more pastel, but everyone's was totally different. We all seemed to have put on our "big girl panties" and jumped in with confidence that resulted in several different compositions and ideas.


The tiny black micro beads and the stenciling create great contrast. Gotta love the little CREATE sign and the nail....I'm easily amused.


I used lots of stashed goodies from home....buttons, square nails, a vintage key, upholstery tacks....etc.

You could NOT have asked for more in the way of kits, instruction, demos, tools and goodies!!!

If you get the chance to take Finn's classes you will be gobsmacked by the wonderfulness that you receive... not to mention the completed works of ART that you take home.

Click on the link above to her blog for continuing posts from the
 Creative Team and Finn
 with everything from tips to tutorials, plus
 Finn's teaching schedule
for the rest of the year!

My thanks to Tina, Lisa and Ken at Cafe Crop for hosting the wonderful event that made lots of dreams come true for a great group of students.

Your Friend in ART,

Linda

9 comments:

Helen said...

some amazing projects, Linda - what a wonderful way to spend your weekend!

Unknown said...



Superbe bravo

Jackie PN said...

WOW WOW WOW!! You lucky lucky girl! Not only are you are Finn's team but were able to take a live class from her!! I am sooooo envious Linda!! teehee
What two gorgeous pieces you have created!!! I love them!!
Good for sure- you deserve to be on the team- your art is always on my list of favorites!! ")
still a huge fan, Jackie ox

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Gorgeous pieces, Linda - particularly like the first one, as I'm walking on the dark side right now too. Love, love, LOVE.

Gretchen Wilson said...

Well I feel like a dunce, here I was already getting your blog and hadn't put 2 and 2 together! I'm the Minnie Pearl lady, lol! It was great to meet you and now I will really know who I am following, it was an awesome weekend and I am so glad that I came and learned so much! Nice to meet you Linda!
Hugs and God Bless,
Gretchen Wilson

Linda M. Cain said...

Gretchen it was so great meeting you in class. We had a wonderful time in Indiana. Please stay in touch.
Your Friend in ART,
Linda

A Pink said...

Absolutely magnificent ! Linda its clear to see why you are part of the Finnabair creative team . x

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda,
Your art is gorgeous and your 2 newest pieces from Finn's classes are amazing! My classes are 8/4 and 8/5 and I am so excited. I know I will learn so much, but I am also excited to just meet her.

lindacreates said...

Gorgeous Linda! Bravo!