Friday, September 25, 2015

The New Finnabair Creative Team and a LUCKY Bracelet

I found a little time to play with some beads and  charms a few days ago. I don't profess to be a jewelry maker by any means, but I do like to dabble in the art enough to make a few things for myself.

This bracelet starts with a Mechanical from the Plated Labels collection by Finnabair.

I used a Dapping Block to curve the Plate and added jump rings and beads.
A few wire wrapped crystals are added for some sparkle.

This shows the Dapping Block and another Plate being curved in the block.

Since the LUCKY plate already has 3 holes it was all set to have a group of charms to dangle at the bottom.

I always polish my charms if they'er embossed. This is a picture I took of the before and after when you use the Vintaj Detailing Block.  I used it on the LUCKY plate to polish it just a bit.

These plain brass charms were embossed with a Vintaj DecoEmboss Die - Nouveau Roses and the Vagabond machine.

I made this having been invited to stay on for another term with the 

We have 4 returning members and 4 new members. It was sad to see Riikka, Rebecca, Monika, and Lena go, but it was an absolutely amazing time we had together. We became family all over the World.

Welcome to Denisa, Kasia, Athanasia, and Irina.

So if you want to see some pretty amazing Works of ART with tutorials for you to use, click on the link and enjoy all the blog posts from Finnabair and the Team.


Monday, September 21, 2015

Venetian Mask for Finnabair Creative Team

It's my turn on the 
 for the Creative Team.

I really love how this turned, of course is much prettier in person with all the glitter and metallic paint, but this is the best I could get after at least a hundred tries!

I started with a paper mache mask and Heavy Black Gesso. As you can see, it's got a LOT of imperfections especially around the nose and mouth. 

I gave it a nice heavy coat of White Texture Paste Crackle.

LOVE the crackle! Then I started to spray it with various Mica Powder+Water letting it get into the cracks.

I used a permanent black pen and paints to add eye lashes, nose, and her lips. Two rub-ons are used on the cheeks.

I started painting with Mica Powders and Soft Gloss Gel adding Purple and Gold around the eyes.

Then I used 3D Matte Gel to add 2 layers of trim.

I took out several pieces of chipboard and some Mechanicals to give a base coating of Black Gesso. 

Then I sprayed them and added Inka Golds.

These Mechanicals were cut in half and trimmed, painted black, and then painted with Teal Mica Powder + Soft Gel.

The Gold is added using Inka Gold.

The Ornate Flourishes are now sprayed and colored with a couple of Inka Golds.

Now this was interesting. I used a Large Chipboard Crown/Stencil Border and painted it with Purple Mica Powder+Soft Gel. Then added Copper Glass Glitter and Berry Micro Beads.

I later decided this needed something more, so I added a whole bunch of Silver Micro Beads to fill it in.

This shows the Leaves 2 Mechanicals painted with Mica Powder as well as the 
Blue on the trim. After painting black, I added Copper Inka Gold to the other row of trim.

Now I fill in the background with Silver Micro Beads.

These Leaves 2 were painted with Copper Mica Powder/Gel and then had some Purple Glitter from the Mardi Gras collection added.

This is a side view of the Eye piece that was added using 2 flower brads, and the chipboard pieces in the headdress. 

More Micro Beads, Mica Powder paint, and Glass Glitter are used on the leaves. Turquoise Glass Beads and several sprays are added to the large flower. 

The Flourishes along the sides have 2 shades of Luminous Glitter on them that really catch the light.

And last I accented the piece with white pen dots for some contrast. 

I hope you've gotten a few tips and some inspiration to get going and create a mask of your own. They can be found in many craft and hobby stores.

Good luck and let me hear about what you make.

Your Friend in ART,


Friday, September 11, 2015

Skellies and Jack o'Lanterns Halloween Hutch

It seems like a long time since I've played with paper.... I've missed the fun and texture that comes with a project like this.

So, I got out the glue stick, the paints, my favorite Graphic45 papers,
 and of course

I'll give you a couple of step-outs for this
Ornate Flourish ATC Shrine.

I add my Graphic45 papers first. Then I used pop dots to add the Antique Sugar Skull paper cuts and the black chipboard Bat Cut-Outs. 

 Here you can see the 2 layers of papers on the outside.

I love how this paper that fit perfectly on the back.

 I used the Precious Metal Colour Purple on the Candlestick base. (currently out of stock, but Copper is shown on the link)

The Engraved Pumpkins are painted with a couple of shades of Fresco Paints and the Flourishes have Mica Powders mixed with Soft Gloss Gel to make a paint. This is amazing stuff, really beautiful mica shine. I used Green, but Kristin has Teal...really close.

You can see the G45 Skull Stamp on the side here.

The inside has a Halloween Lantern on the back. I used a Wink of Stella Brush to add the light glitter all over the Spooky Trees, Bats, Broken Fence, and the Pumpkins here. It's pretty cool. 

The Spider Web Corners are painted with a Silver metallic paint and glued to the top with the Bat Wand

Here you can see the sparkle of the glitter pen. It's always so hard to capture the mica shine. You need 2 separate light sources.

Some Green-Yellow Inka Gold and Rust Guilder's Paste here and there, plus White paint dots, break up the color to add contrast.

Of course, the Antique Skeleton Paper Cuts really make this piece come to life!

I hope I've inspired you to get out your art supplies and make a fun project of your own. Check out the embedded links to
Retro Cafe Art Gallery 
and get started!!!