Sunday, October 25, 2015

Daydream Canvas Collage for Prima

I was asked to create a project for the Prima blog for

This is the canvas I made with a few easy steps.




 I started with a 6x6 inch stretched canvas, a stencil and some Clear Crackle Paste. It’s fun to use things other than Modeling Paste with stencils.


When it was dry, I glued on several chipboard cutouts and some trim.  Then I painted the entire canvas with Heavy Black Gesso.


 I mixed Mica Powders in spray bottles + water. A couple of little scoops are all you need in the 2 oz. bottles. Spray and heat set. Continue spaying until you get the coverage you like.


Then I mixed Mica Powders with Clear Crackle Paste and swiped it over the Black Gesso on the chipboard. It is thick and really cool – kind of a gold leaf or corroded effect. I ended up using the heart with the Blue and Gold Opal Magic and the vines with just Gold Opal Magic.


   I painted some Mechanicals, buttons, and other found objects with the Black Gesso and sprayed with Pale Silver spray.


  Last I wrapped gold metallic cord around the canvas several times and then added all my ephemera with 3D Matte Gel. I like some things left natural like the pearl and gold buttons.  The Ephemera Vintage Collectible photo is the centerpiece of the project.

To see mine and Riikka's projects on the Prima blog check it our here

You'll also see
Finnabair's amazing tutorial
using her new
Opal Magic Mica Powders.
They are fantastic!

Linda

Finnabair Products Used: Heavy Black Gesso – 961459, Texture Paste Clear Crackle – 961541, 3D Matte Gel – 961398, Mica Powder Opal Magic in Gold – 963552 and Blue – 963545, Mica Powders in Copper – 962531, Black Cherry – 962807, Silver Pale – 962517, Gold – 962524, Blue – 962494, and Pink – 962456, Stencil Grungy Grid – 962319, Ephemera Vintage Collectibles – 962890 and Mechanicals Gear – 961053 and Mechanical Flowers Medium - 960315

1 comment:

Lizzy Hill said...

WOW! Totally stunning - the Mica powder makes a fabulous iridescent look...& the gold cord is a lovely finishing touch....& WeLL DONE being featured on the Prima blog!!!!