Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Relics and Artifacts Steampunk Angel

OK, I'll admit this is really different....
and kind of creepy.

But I guess, sometimes Steampunk is exactly that.


Anyway, I really had a fun time making this one with lots of 
Retro Cafe Art Gallery 
Coffee Break Design Cut Outs,
and some other new products in
the shop.


First, I took out a few Relics and Artifacts and some 
Art Alchemy Paints from Finnabair.

The one on the left is with Rich Turquoise and Black Gesso, and the one on 
the right is with several Opal Magics and Black Gesso.

You just have to experiment and keep adding or rubbing off the paints.


I painted the Steampunk Wings with Black Gesso and then added several
Opal Magic colors and some Light Patina.


The Opal Magics on Black Gesso are too cool for words!

Each way you turn it brings out a different color.


I used Aqua-Rose, Yellow-Blue and Blue-Gold here.


Stunning, no???


The Mechanicals and Gears are painted with Metalliques and more
Opal Magics.  Some are left as is as well.

The Butterfly has Fresh Orange on the Wings, and Aqua-Rose on the body.


I painted the body with Black Gesso and then dry-brushed 
Opal Magics all around. 

I used my Left-Over mix of Copper Micro Beads and
Platinum Glass Glitter as filler.


Maybe the reason I think it's kind of creepy is because I think this really
looks a lot like an actor that was recently in a movie.

Any Guesses???

I used Structure Medium to stiffen up the lace and added a few 
of the Rhinestone Chain links to blend in the head and torso.

The Wire didn't show up as well as I'd hoped, so I added a layer
of Gold Rush Metallique to brighten it up. 


The German Dresden is dusted with Turquoise Inka Gold.

As a last ditch effort, I cut apart the Iron Orchid Design piece I 
made with the Baroque 3 mold and LOW-TEMP hot glue, painted 
it with Violet-Green Opal Magic and glued it on for 
a bit of contrast and flare. That OM color will knock your 
socks off! 


All the paints can be used right on the metal embellishments. The large 
gear is painted with Silver Spoon and the one right under the 
Butterfly is painted with Gold Rush, Fresh Orange and some
Turquoise Inka Gold.

What do you think??? Too creepy, or just enough?

Linda
Finnabair Art Ingredient - Platinum Glass Glitter, Copper Micro Beads
Finnabair Art Alchemy Metallique Paints
Finnabair Art Alchemy Opal Magic Paints
   Aqua-Rose, Blue-Gold, Yellow-Blue and Violet-Green

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I agree with your statement regarding the Opal Magic paints. They are just that, MAGIC!

Debby said...

I like what you did. it is an interesting piece and I love all of the colors!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Gorgeous piece! I'm loving those Opal Paints. So pretty!

mamablitger said...

Fabulous work.. Lovely steampunk angel. Great colors and great way to use parts of the new molds. Very creative. Thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Kim Collister Studio said...

Love the paints!!! Love your doll and I love that your chickie is wearing diamonds!! Not Cteepy, totally awesome!!! What actor? Don't tell me if that will make her creepy!! Hehee

Kim Collister Studio said...

I hate that I can't correct that, but you know it should say, Not Creepy!! :)

Unknown said...

You definitely rocked this one out of the park!!!Love this one Linda, fabulous work as always, can't wait to see what you come up with next. Muah