Monday, September 11, 2017

Timeless Beauty Vintage Photo Tag

This tag is everything I love.....
Vintage Photos
Metallic Paints
Embossing Folders
Large Tags
Script
Scroll Die Cuts
Gorgeous Paper

I made it just for me, using whatever I liked, and it was great to be
 using things that had been chucked away .

No deadlines....no product restrictions....nothing but
 whatever
 came
 into my head.

It was great.

Not that I'm not grateful for all of the above, but sometimes 
it's just wonderful to make whatever you want without any restraints.


This starts with a large manila tag that has been run through
 an embossing machine using the Nouveau folder from Vintaj.
 (sadly it has been discontinued)


Then I added Metallique Paints and Archival Inks in many layers.

This is one of the first layers. I found I needed a lighter background, 
so lighter colors were added with more inks,
but I loved the colors in this layer.


Flowers, Beads, Mechanicals, Mica Sprays, Vintage Trim, Die Cuts,
Canvas, and Vintage Images all took their places on the tag.

This is a shot in between layers. More flowers and beads were added.


And just a note. I was thrilled and honored to be invited to the 
"Friends Helping Friends" auction to raise money for the Hurricane Harvey 
Victims. Ten Artists donated pieces and Cat Kerr posted them for bid.

I was extremely pleased to have mine sell for $150. 
 Everyone else's sold for an amazing total of almost $2600.
 One of the buyer's husband agreed to match that total! 
What a great auction it turned out to be.

Thank you to everyone who helped make it happen. 
 Cat is now under the gun of  Hurricane Irma herself. 
Be safe, my friend.


Your Friend in ART,

Linda

6 comments:

zcdl said...

Beautiful <3

Dortesjs said...

Wow this tag is gorgeous i do love it alot..I will follow you to and hope you have time to visit me you have such a great artsy feeling to your art

Kim Collister Studio said...

Just gorgeous Linda!!! And congrats On the auction sell!! I was hoping to snag something but it all went above my purse strings at the moment. However, fabulous auction from beginning to end!!

Linda M. Cain said...

Thx so much Kim. It was amazing. I was stunned.

Linda M. Cain said...

Thank you so much.❤️

Linda M. Cain said...

So glad you enjoy. ❤️❤️❤️