Friday, November 11, 2016

A Lady of Grace

Time for some Mixed Media Fun!

I took this stretched 6x6 canvas and turned it over to use the back with the little niche. Then I layered on Modeling Paste over the Ripped Fishnet Stencil.

Top it off with layers of ArtAlchemy Metalliques and some white splatters of  Heavy White Gesso, and you have a luscious background.

I added a gorgeous picture of a lady from Retro Cafe Art Gallery with keyholes and corners painted and waxed with Inka Golds.

The Mechanical Pendant had an antique lace trim looped through it and
 laid into the niche onto pieces of wood to create height.

I used paper clay and Iron Orchid Design moulds for the other pieces. Two are sealed with Soft Matte Gel before I added an antiquing creme.

The other 2 started out with layers of gold. But I decided they needed to be darker, so more layers of paint were added.

 Inka Golds and Metalliques with Heavy Black Gesso create the rich dark colors.

It's all put together with Heavy Body Gel....It is amazing!

I love the contrast of the dark metallic colors and vintage lace that make for dramatic contrast in
The Lady of Grace.

I hope you enjoy the project and are inspired to
Create ART.


Friday, November 4, 2016

It's Been A While....Some Fun Jewelry Makes

It's been a while....

..having said that I thought I'd share with you a few things I've been creating.

These are my earrings and bracelets that have kept me happy in my Studio.

The top left has fun colors. 

The top right is to replace one I lost on my trip to Niagara Falls. Apparently when short people lean over a tall deck rail, it pushes their coat collar up enough to PUSH your earring right out of your ear. And it will drop way to the ground where you can see it, but you'll never wear it again!

 The top left is a metal piece with embossing powder and Patina.

The above set on the right starts with a blank brass piece from Vintaj. I use a DecoEmboss folder to emboss and then sand and polish
with a reliefing block.

The copper dapped discs with green beadwrap are pretty nice, and the brass embossed tags with copper wings really polished up great.

These were just some of the pieces I gathered from my trip to 
Galena and Rustic River Finds.

I also wanted to try my hand at making a couple of bracelets
using some word plates I had in my stash.

A few tiny brass charms were easy to add.

The lower one has Vintaj Patinas on it. It started out as plain silver. I used 2 colors of the Patina to create a mottled color. Simplicity is achieved with a small brass charm.

So, I just thought I'd let you know I took a little vacation, played with
some tools and products I'd had quite a while in my Studio,
and found my Muse again.

I'll be back with a Mixed Media project in a week or so.

Your Friend in ART,


Monday, October 17, 2016

A Journey with a Lovely Lady and an Announcement

Well all good things must come to an they say.... today is my last post
as a Finnabair Creative Team member.

 I'm thrilled to have been on this amazing team of such talented 
Artists. But even more thrilled to have had the chance to work for, and with,
the lovely Anna Dabrowska.

For that, I am eternally grateful. 

This is not the end of our relationship, however, as we will still share many 
things with the Art World. (read to the end for announcement)

This is my favorite type of Art: Assemblage. So let's get started!

I use a laser-cut box shrine to start and applied Soft Gloss Gel to the Vintage Collectible lady. Then I added 2 coats to the top to seal.

Next I painted the side sections with 2 coats of the ArtAlchemy Metalliques using a sponge square.

The German Dresden was black, so I added the Brass Hardware first, and then the Rusty Red to create contrast.

The Dresden was added to frame the lady, and white and black rubons decorate the inside of the shrine.

I coated the masonite door plate and flourish with White Gesso, and the vintage square nails with Black Gesso.

Then the masonite pieces were painted with blue and gold metalliques, and the nails had Opal Magics dusted on for color.

The tiny Tin Heart has 2 coats of White Gesso painted on before adding the 2 different colors of red Metalliques.

I wanted the Leaves #1 to stand out more, so I added the red paint that created the
3 spots of red for the project. The Mini Flower is layered with bits of ephemera.

I added Mechanicals and other metal found objects from my collection to adorn the shrine using Heavy Body Gel and 3D Matte Gel.

I stamped the side with the edge stamp from the Hello Pastel set using Jet Black Archival Ink.

The Large Flowers were cut to add trim on the sides and top of the shrine.

You can paint the Plated Label with Heavy Black Gesso and then remove some of the paint with a light sanding block to create a vintage look.

Here you see another Large Flower cut to fit under the shrine box. The nails have Pink/Blue and Yellow/Blue Opal Magics lightly painted on and small Gold Rush dots.

The tiny gold metal squares and Steampunk Blades with Mini Knobs give the piece a bit of shine to lighten up the whole piece.

As I said at the beginning, it's been a great journey with a lovely lady who has taught me so much, and just let me create whatever I wanted.

I am humbled and thankful to have been on this wonderful team.

Now, here's the GREAT NEWS!

I am thrilled to be in a new group called
Finnabair Brand Ambassadors.

See all the talented ladies on this team and find out all the details here.

Your Friend in ART...always,

Finnabair Products:
Vintage Collectibles
Opal Magics-Pink/Blue and Yellow/Blue

Retro Cafe Art Gallery Products:

Other Products:
Vintage Square Nails
Tiny Brass Flower
6 Sided Brad