Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Vintaj Patina Embossed Earrings

It's an ugly day here, and I've been wanting to make some earrings for quite a while with the Brass Blanks and Embossing Folders from Vintaj.
 

I thought I'd give the Patina's a try and see what happens.


 
I had 4 - 22mm Brass Blanks and used 2 here to experiment. I decided to try them again and got 2 different images the second time. I used the Moonlit Night Embossing Folder.
 
You just place the blank in the folder as shown and run it through an Embossing Maching as directed.
 
 
I used the Metal Reliefing Block to sand and polish them. This shows a good image of a before on the left and an after on the right when you use this wonderful tool.
 
 (these pieces already came embossed. I just used them here to show you the difference the block makes.)


Next I painted in the backgrounds. Don't be too worried about covering up a bit of the reliefing. You can sand it down again when it's dry.

 
Then I turned it over and used the Wood Dapping Block to bend and shape the pieces. The Dapping does not hurt the paint.
 
A hole is already punched in the blanks making it very simple to add an ear wire or jumpring for a charm.

 
This was the result after I polished them up again. I just added them to a set of earwires that came with a copper ball!
 
Try this easy technique. I used my Vagabond, but there are several embossing machines that work perfectly for this project.
 
You can find the Patina's at Inspiration Emporium and use my iecain code for 10% off. The Embossing Folders are sold at Sizzix here.
 
Linda


8 comments:

chuewanita said...

Oh Linda, I'm so glad you did this tutorial!! I have wanted to dabble in the Vintaj line for a few months but just cant seem to jump right in and give it a go... I hope to see more about this line, Thanks a bunch for posting LOVE IT!!!!

chuewanita said...

AKA: Lisa Stanislav

Art By Wanda said...

These are beautiful, Linda!!! I think I need to make me a pair!!!

Words and Pictures said...

They're fab! Now I'm yearning for a Dapping Block!!
Alison x

barbarayaya62 said...

Beautiful idea! love these! I'll try it! barbarayaya

Anonymous said...

They are lovely!

Bolin said...

Awesome Really very nice.Carolina Air Conditioning Durham NC

Jackie PN said...

Love these earrings! Your colours are perfect for my complexion and I'm sure these would look lovely on me! heehee Really beautiful Linda!